This smoothie combines all the benefits from Amazonian treasures - Brazil nuts, cacao and maca, and of course, enhanced with probiotics from our QUOgurt - creamy coconut kefir yogurt!
Possibly the creamiest smoothest nut out there that we do not give enough credit to. Some research has shown that it's the No. 1 food source for mineral selenium, which is crucial for many bodily functions from mood, repair, to anti-inflammation. Selenium is needed for producing the active thyroid hormone, and therefore ideal for those with low thyroid function. It is actually not a nut, but a seed from the Brazil nut tree. You only need 2-3 Brazil nuts a day, and here's one way to incorporate them in your diet!
(Source : https://draxe.com/brazil-nuts/ ; http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/health-benefits-nuts)
Prep Time : 5 mins
- 1 tub QUOgurt (150g)
- 1 frozen banana - slices make it easier to blend
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 TBLS organic Maca powder
- 1 TBLS raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop (~15-20g) protein powder of your choice
- 2-3 Brazil nuts
- Your favorite toppings
- Place all ingredients into the blender, mixing well until combined.
- Serve in mug with some of your favorite ingredients. We used Brazil nut bits, raw cacao powder, and a couple of raw dark chocolate covered pistachio clusters.