HAPPY EASTER, all you lovelies!! Want to indulge in chocolates but also want to stay healthy while sheltering in place / working from home? Here's a quick recipe that you'll want to make ASAP (Easter or not)!
Fair warning - these are pretty addictive, so you might just want to make DOUBLE or even triple the recipe.
Prep Time : 10 mins
Yields : ~8 - 10 balls
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (lightly roasted)
- 1 cup dates (pitted, packed)
- 1/4 cup almonds (lightly roasted)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts for rolling and whole for the middle of the ball
- Lightly toast hazelnuts and almonds in a toaster oven. Hazelnuts burn easily, so be sure to check.
- If the dates you have are dry or hard, soak them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Place dates, cacao, salt, hazelnuts and almonds into a food processor or blender and pulse until combined like a dough.
- Roll into equal sized balls, placing a whole hazelnut into the middle first.
- Roll the balls in chopped hazelnuts.
*want to make them extra fancy?
Melt 1/4 cup dark chocolate. Then dunk half the call into the dark chocolate before rolling them in chopped hazelnuts. Place in the fridge to set and enjoy!