Golden Sweet Potato QUOnola Coins
This has become our signature REQUESTED potluck dish amongst our friends and families! So far, it's always been the first dish that would get polished, leaving people crazing for more. They have all the right textures and flavors all in one bite, or many simply describe them as "orgasm in the mouth", yes, not merely a "party" in the mouth.
Here is how!
Makes about 20 "coins" (depending on how large your sweet potatoes are)
Prep time : 30 mins
4 small to medium sweet potatoes (or whatever you have in hand)
ABC Butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- Steam sweet potatoes till semi-soft. Usually for small to medium sweet potatoes, it takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice sweet potato cross-sectionally, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Line baking pan with alumimum foil and grease with a thin layer of coconut oil. Or simply line it with a silicone baking sheet.
- Lay them on a baking pan.
- Smear nut butter on top of each piece of sweet potato.
- [optional] Sprinkle cinnamon.
- Generously sprinkle QUOnola or QUOnola Red (or gluten-free granola you have at home, but might not have the same addictive effect...!) on top.
- Bake in toaster oven or oven (175 degrees) for 10 minutes.
- Pack them up / plate them up nicely and SERVE!
There's also a LOADED baked sweet potato variation of this that are PERFECT for post-workout, or as a snack you pack for hikes, picnics, and whatnot, because they're easier to be wrapped individually - just like in those photos below!
Ideas for getting ingredients? We like to support local!
- ABC Butter / Nut Butter - we usually have a jar of homemade one handy at home, but when we are feeling lazy, we snatch some of our neighbors' The Nutter Company, and our the almond butter from our friend Nutty Buddy .
- Organic sweet potatoes - aside from getting local ones at the local vegetable markets and farmers markets, we like to order organic locally grown sweet potatoes from EatFresh.
Share your creations with us on Facebook, Instagram (@quohk) or comments below :)