People around us have been on the keto diet. We've coincidentally experimented with Elana's Cashew Bread, and turned out to be DELICIOUS! So we've been sharing! Now let's make it official.
This is one of the best low-carb breads we've made. Thanks to Elana, and the original Rochel's recipe.
Elana is right - the apple cider vinegar does create a MAGICAL chemical reaction, and gives this bread an amazing texture, especially when toasted. It's only 5 ingredients, whipped up with a food processor, and no-fail!
Makes 14-16 slices
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt (we've also used pink sea salt, and worked fine)
- In a food processor, pulse together cashew butter and eggs until very smooth
- Pulse in apple cider vinegar
- Pulse in baking soda and salt
- Transfer batter to a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf dish. We found that glass baking loaf dish works better than metal ones.
- Bake at 350°F / 170°C for 45 minutes
- Cool for 2 hours