The last of our Plumeria blossoms have just fallen, which inspired us to create this Mango Lime QUOgurt bowl.
Here is how!
2 servings (about 5oz each)
Prep time : 15 mins
1 medium to large Mango - pitted and diced
2 tubs QUOgurt
1 TBLS organic raw hemp hearts / seeds
1 TBLS chia seeds (black, and/or white)
- Set aside 1/4 of the diced mango cubes for the topping.
- Cut the lime in half, and set aside one half. Thinly slice the other half to create thin circular slices. Line the side of the small bowls (about 5oz bowl each), like what is shown in the picture.
Bottom Mango + Lime Layer :
- Put the rest of the mango, 1 tub of QUOgurt, chia seeds, hemp hearts and squeeze the remaining half lime juice into blender. If you generally have sweeter pallet, you can add a 1/4 bottle of Quo2o (or any coconut water of your choice), or natural sweetener that you prefer - local honey or maple syrup works well.)
- Blend until smooth. (we use a Vitamix, blend for about 15 seconds in high)
- Pour mango-lime QUOgurt smoothie into the bowls, until they're about 2/3 full.
- Scoop 1/2 tub of QUOgurt to fill the rest of the bowl pretty close to the rim.
- Add the rest of the mango cubes as topping.
- Sprinkle some hemp seeds on top to complete the green-orange-white color palette!
This makes a gorgeous dessert and is definitely be a crowd please - adults and kids a like. For kids, we suggest taking out the lime pieces, because they could be a little too sour and bitter for them.