Fall is here! Aren't we all ready fall colors and warm spices? This smoothie will not disappoint. It uses one of our favorite fall seasonal fruit (especially if you have a couple laying around from the Mid-Autumn Festival fruit baskets) - PERSIMMONS!
Here is how!
1 generous serving / 2 peckish servings
Time: 10 mins
- 1 Persimmon (hard or soft variety - soft ones are generally sweeter)
- 1 bottle QUOlixir
- 1 TBLS organic chia seeds (black, white, black+white)
- 1 slice ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- [optional] 1 TBLS almond or ABC butter (we like the ones made by our buddies over at The Nutter Company and Nutty Buddy )
- Dice or slice persimmon. Remember to take out the light orange parts in the center of the persimmon, because those parts make your teeth thick.
- [optional] Leave a slice or two of persimmon for garnish and extra texture.
- Add persimmon, QUOlixir, chia seeds, ginger and cinnamon into blender (we use a Vitamix).
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve fresh!
PERFECT for warming the stomach in the mornings, while still wanting to have a refreshing drink post-workout or after a warm morning shower.