SUMMER Junk & BBQ season just started!
Need ideas for dishes you can bring that can guarantee you not having to bring leftovers home? Or simply toss it because it's been sitting out all day in the heat? THIS IS IT! This dip will win you to many more parties, so get ready to be BUSY!!
It's really simple and quick, so we definitely recommend you to make it the morning of your trip, to make sure it's fresh and green! If not, prepping the night before works too, but there's a trick to keeping the avocados GREEN!
Here is how!
Prep Time : 15mins
Serves 6 - 10 people
- 4 tubs QUOgurt
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 TBLS fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 TBLS cilantro (leaves and tender stems) - finely chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 TBLS crushed black pepper
- 1/2 TBLS cumin powder
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe tomato (seeds and pulp removed)
- [optional] 1/2 TBLS red cayenne powder
- [optional] 1/4 cup of minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion/scallion
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seeds (keep them). Scoop the avocado flesh with a spook. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Roughly mash the avocado. Leaving it to be a little chunky.
- Add QUOgurt, lime juice,and all the seasoning into the bowl. Mix and taste.
- Depending on how sweet or sour your QUOgurt is, adjust the taste accordingly. Usually it'll be adding more salt or lime juice.
- Add the optional items according to your and your "eaters" tastes. We put red cayenne peppers and onions are optional because most children do not like them.
- Add the tomatoes last, ideally before serving, so that it doesn't get soggy (even though the seeds have been taken out).
- Cover with plastic wrap to seal it, in order to prevent air reaching in.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- ** If you're prepping this the night before, add the avocado seed back into the avocado dip to slow down oxidization, which causes the QUOcamole brown, making it look not that appetizing.
We served this QUOcamole dip at the QUOfeteria / TRYBE Opening party back in March, with one of our favorite gluten-free Mary's Gone Crackers . It was a HUGE hit!! Sorry we haven't managed to get the recipe to you all until now :)